January 11, 2010

January Spotlight....Who In the World is Amanda?

Amanda Powell was born in Maricopa & raised in Gilbert, AZ with 1 older sister. Amanda has 2 boys, Michael 3 and Benjamin 22 mo. Amanda’s favorite place is her Mom’s arms, which happens to be in AZ. Some of her favorite things include the color Aqua and chocolate. When asked about her most embarrassing moment, Amanda replied: “At 14 yo’s old: Walked out of the ladies room during church with my skirt tucked in my pantyhose! Fortunately only 1 person saw me & hurried to tell me about it. But still!” Amanda says something no ones knows about her is she’s always afraid she is making a fool of herself. (Rest assured, we all think that about ourselves too!) Amanda wishes she could go to school to be an Architect & help with the green/eco housing movement. A movie that best describes her life is “Connie and Carla”. She adds “although how Women dressing as men dressing as women describes me- I’m not sure.” When asked how she met her husband, Amanda says: “My husband fell madly in love with me the first moment he saw me (which was good, cuz he’s kinda hard headed), but it took me 3 weeks. I didn’t fall in love with him truly until he yelled at me for the first time. We met in Utah, and 9 weeks after we had met we were sealed in the Salt Lake Temple, on a Tuesday. I don’t like to procrastinate things. They have been in Round Valley since Oct. & adds “It has long been a dream of my husband and I to live here ever since my mom bought her second home.” Callings she has had in the church include Relief Society chorister, which according to Amanda was someone’s terrible idea and a sunbeams teacher, which she says was kinda fun, but pretty stressful since she was pregnant for the first time. Her favorite Latter-day Prophet is President Hinckley. When asked why, Amanda replied, “He always knew just what I needed to hear. I miss his kindness & humor.” Thank you for letting us get to know you more. Welcome Amanda!

No comments:

Post a Comment